8 de nov. de 2005

Deus, diz prá mim que isto foi sacanagem do cara

Comentário de um usuário do site Amazon.com sobre a gravação de Pablo Casalls para as Suítes para Violoncelo solo de Bach.

Lacks Accompaniment, June 28, 2005

Reviewer: Peter Gillette (Appleton, WI United States)

I think that Mr. Casals' playing is very fine but I was very disappointed that he chose to play these unaccompanied. Perhaps the pianist and chamber group could not be booked or miked appropriately due to the time. I was so disappointed in this production choice because the first and only other Bach cd I have, the goldberg variations by Uri Caine, blew me away: JS Bach was very ahead of his time in his use of electronic musics and freely improvised counterpoint and jazz musics, things that the rest of the "classical" world did not catch up to for another few centuries. Save your money on this one. Sorry, Pablo. I won't come to florida for you.

3 comentários:

me disse...

Oi Robertinho,
eu recomendo a gravacao do Mstislav Rostropovich! Nao me canso de ouvir.
Felizmente tambem e solo.
:o)
Laila

thuin disse...

Até ele falar no uso do Bach de música eletrônica e jazz, dava pra ser humor involuntário. Do jeito que tá, tem que ser de sacanagem.


A opção é a minha frágil sanidade se quebrar que nem uma casca de ovo.

Anônimo disse...

I'm delighted to find my review read internationally. (The review was done facetiously, and, I suspect, if memory serves me, drunk.) Of course, Casals is as fine a player and interpreter as can be found, and the cello suites are, despite my jesting, perhaps my favorite piece of music, although I am a trumpet player. The fifth prelude is as close as music comes to God. And in spite of my joking, I suggest the open-minded examine Uri Caine. Salud!--Peter Gillette